If your paid Membership has lapsed, please renew. If you have never been a dues paying member, please become one. https://secure.brucefreemanrailtrail.org/np/clients/fbfrt/membershipJoin.jsp
Below find details on why you should become a dues paying member of the Friends of the Bruce Freeman Rail Trail (FBFRT), or provide an additional donation to the FBFRT at https://brucefreemanrailtrail.org/support-trail/.
Or if you would prefer to send a check, mail it to:
Friends of the Bruce Freeman Rail Trail
PO Box 1192
Concord, MA 01742
Individual Membership $10
Family Membership $25
The Friends of the Bruce Freeman Rail Trail, Inc. is incorporated as a 501(c)(3) organization—membership fees and donations are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Expenses as of mid-November 2020 totaled over $42,000. This includes paying for the following:
- Go Outdoors Art exhibit in Concord
- Preparatory tree work for the East Acton Village Green by Ice House Pond
- Replace murals in Chelmsford
- Portable restroom rental in Acton and Chelmsford
- Chelmsford Mural Project
- Newsletters (printing, mailing)
- Merchandise (hats, socks, shirts)
- General & Administrative
- Bank/Credit Card Fees
- Office Supplies
- Tax Filing Fee<
- Sudbury Town Meeting Advocacy
- Support the Sudbury YesOnCSX campaign to have Sudbury purchase the CSX right-of-way from Station Road to the Framingham border
Some large expenses that likely will hit the books in 2021 including funding support of the following:
- “Go Out Doors” in Part Two in northern portion of the trail (e.g. Carlisle, Westford, Chelmsford)
- Additional funds for the of a new park – the East Acton Village Green – by Ice House Pond and Concord Road (and bisected by the Bruce Freeman Rail Trail).
- $20,000 (and potentially much more) to pay for the study and replacement of warning signals at all five road crossings in Acton
- Replace the damaged crossing signal in Westford (make up what is not covered by insurance)
- First stage design studies for BFRT for the just purchased CSX corridor
- Support Framingham in its purchase of the CSX corridor (e.g., appraisals, donations for the purchase)
- Support the Lowell in extending the BFRT north of Cross Point Towers
Think $10,000+ for each “opportunity”, and there will be more trail beautification applications for funds surely to come.
We couldn’t even consider all this without generous donations from years past. Nonetheless, if we are going to be in position to keep on supporting the BFRT to make it the best rail trail EVER, we need your financial support.
Please donate generously now and get your 2020 tax deduction.
Hope to see you on the trail in early 2021 with a mask on, and then no need for a mask for a big blow-out Phase 2B (i.e., bridge of Route 2) ribbon cutting in the fall (if all stays on schedule, and by-the-way, paying for refreshments for said ribbon cutting would come from your generous donations, just saying)
If you have any questions feel free to contact me directly at email@example.com or 978-580-6190.