Update: May 7, 2018
The MassDOT ribbon-cutting ceremony for Phase 2A will be on Friday, May 11, 2018, at 3:30 pm at NARA Park, 25 Ledge Rock Way, Acton, MA. There will be refreshments and live music.
Join the Friends of the Bruce Freeman Rail Trail for the MassDOT ribbon-cutting ceremony for Phase 2A of the Bruce Freeman Rail Trail.
- When: Friday, May 11, at 3:30 pm
- Where: NARA Park, 25 Ledge Rock Way, Acton, MA
- Refreshments and Live Music. (And of course, there will be cake!)
- Parking at NARA Park or use the trail. For directions and last minute changes go to http://bit.ly/2A-ribbon-cutting
- See this trail map that now includes NARA Park and nearby parking for the BFRT if you want to use the BFRT to get the ribbon cutting by foot or bike.
Please volunteer with planning for or day of logistics of the Phase 2A Ribbon cutting. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a quick note of how or when you can help.
On April 3, 2018, Phase 2A officially opened. Phase 2A passes through the towns of Westford, Carlisle, and Acton, and it will extend the Bruce Freeman Rail Trail an additional 4.9 miles. This section of the trail begins at Rte. 225 in Westford. The trail crosses Rte. 27 twice before it reaches Rte. 2A/119 where there is a bridge for trail users to cross the street. There will be a trail parking lot in Acton on Rte. 27, at NARA Park, and behind Gould’s Plaza off Rte. 2A.